Monday, April 15, 2013

ATV Rides & Buggy Carts : A Boracay Experience

Okay, I have to admit that I don't have a driver's license and I don't know how to drive.  Or better yet, the proper words to use are, "I don't have the guts to drive!"

Well, I love adventure.  I already tried life-risking adventures like wall-climbing (without the harness and other sfaety devices attached to my body), rappelling from a high mountain, zipline and other forms of adventure.  But really, I am too scared to drive a vehicle.


With the famous ATV and buggy cart rides in the island of Boracay, who would not miss this kind of fun.  Credits to my husband who was around that we rented a buggy cart.  Me as the passenger and husband as my driver.  (Sorry, I am really scared of driving even a buggy cart.)




Even though I was not the one driving the buggy cart, I really had fun exploring other areas of the island.   This adventure was quite different since this does not involve water or the beach.   In Boracay, traffic authorities are not strict and does not check drivers of the ATVs and bug carts if they have driver's license.

There are "fixers" around the beachfront offering ATV rides and other island activities.  But if you are on a tight budget yet you still want to enjoy activities in Boracay, you can ride a tricycle and proceed to the ATV station for a fixed rate.

We rented the buggy cart for PhP600.00 an hour.  This is only for the cart rent but there are also entrance fees on some points/stops during the trip.

FIRST STOP - Aviary -  Entance Fee = 70 pesos
According to our guide, this one is a bird and butterfly aviary.  But we could not see a butterfly elsewhere, instead we enjoyed ourselves on holding the bats while having our pictures taken.  The aviary is not that extraordinary, by the way.





SECOND STOP -  Tanawin Luxuries Apartments  -  Entrance Fee = 50 pesos
This is one of the highest points of the island.  From this point, we have a 360 degrees view of the whole island.








If you're off to the island of Boracay, don't forget to ride on one of these and enjoy!!!






4 comments:

  1. Do they allow people to drive the buggy cart for those people who doesn't have any experience in driving? I haven't tried this one, but surely will when I get back to Boracay.

    - Kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting out on the properly managed ATV trails is an essential way for people to explore and learn to appreciate our natural environment. Here are six of the best ATV rides in our glorious mountain states.

    Bryce Canyon ATV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your trip are awesome, I know you enjoyed a lot while doing all of those. I want to try that ATV! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!
      Yes, it was very enjoyable and would gladly take another vacation on that island if time permits.

      Try it and I'm sure you'll love it!

      xoxo

      Delete





POST YOUR ADS HERE!