Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My First (& Definitely the Last) Salad Box Experience

Okay, so I also joined the hype on subscription boxes.   Just to also feel the excitement of waiting for the box to arrive and what's inside it.   


So here's my story : I searched through the internet and asked fellow bloggers what's the best subscription box so far.   To make it short, I subscribed to a Salad Box 3-month starter plan and BDJ Box which the Bellas from BDJ confirmed that I am included on their August subscribers.   I was able to place my Salad Box subscription on June 23, 2014.   I was able to to follow-up through email asking the schedule of my box to arrive or as to the month of subscription.   I received a confirmation from Salad Box's operations associate that I am in line with the trio box lot which is SkinFood, Regatta and Runway Ready boxes and they are on its way already.  I was a bit curious why I will be having a trio box lot but anyways I disregard it due to excitement again!

Finally, my box arrived in my office.  I was a bit tempted to open it but I still remind myself not to do it. (That's me being so excited...)  So, I went home and quite frustrated upon seeing that they already sent me the three boxes intended for a 3-month plan.  As stated on their website :

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SaladBox Starter Plus
Overview. The best way to start up on a SaladBox subscription. Three months for PhP1,500.
Modes of Payment. The Starter Plus Plan can be paid via bank deposit or electronic cash (Globe GCash).
Cancellation. This Plan will automatically be canceled after the third month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am expecting that they will deliver the terms as stated on their website.  It is clearly stated that the starter plan is good for three months and will automatically be canceled after the third month.  So, where's the third month here since I received all the three boxes on the first month?  So disappointing, very disappointing and deceiving...
 
Anyways, what's more frustrating is that they sent me boxes intended for the months of March, April and May subscriptions.  I already read unboxing posts from fellow bloggers of their March, April and May SaladBoxes.  And upon seeing the items, the excitement's gone.   Okay, so the SkinFood box is such a good catch.   But the Regatta items?   Hello, summer's over, long gone.   I received the boxes on July 10, 2014 and the boxes I received are boxes dated four months ago.   What are these?  Left-over boxes for those unlucky individuals?  I paid for a subscription box intended for three months but I did not deserve to receive three outdated boxes from you, guys.

I sent an email again to SaladBox voicing out my concern on this a week ago but heard no response from them.

 MARCH BOX received on July?  Are you serious on this?  For the month of July?  This is four months overdue... Panis na...


APRIL BOX : Summer must-haves?  Are you still serious?  On this rainy season?

MAY BOX : Again, they are serious, I think...

I know there are disadvantages on availing these subscription boxes because you get to know the products inside the box once you only opened it.  But I think it not fair to the customers if the terms stated by the company will not be followed and implemented by the company itself.   Plus, the boxes given to customers are boxes intended for past month's subscriptions.  It will be acceptable for me if it's a month of delay, but it is not reasonable if I will receive a box dated three or four months ago.  That is plainly and clearly described as deceiving.  

I learned from this experience.   What's your SaladBox experience?  Share your thoughts on the comment box below.

You might also want to check my Sample Room experience on this LINK and HERE



1 comment:

  1. Totally turn off! What bothers me is that they just ignored my complaint. What's important is that I learned a lesson. Hehehe..
    You have not tried any subscription boxes yet?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete





POST YOUR ADS HERE!