Wednesday, August 27, 2014

PICKED : Lip Vanity! August Haul


Hello, pretties!

I recently checked ZALORA to find some catchy birthday present for a friend and a few colorful lippies catch my eyes (hehehe..)  And since I love everything PINK, you will understand why I grab these girly-colored lippies.

Here's my ZALORA finds :
FROM LEFT - RIGHT
Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Lip Scrub, Wet n Wild Sunset Peach, 
Collection Volume Sensation Perfect Pink

PRODUCT NAME : ELLANA MINERAL COSMETICS LIP SCRUB  (in Strawberry Vanilla)
Size : 10g
Price : PhP165.00

Of course, before putting on lipstick, make sure that dry and flaky lips are properly exfoliated.  You don't want having flaky lips with lipstick on it. (I will write a separate review of this SOON!)


PICKED LIPSTICK #1

 PRODUCT NAME  : COLLECTION VOLUME SENSATION  #2 PERFECT PINK
Size : 5mL.
Price : PhP249.00

Straight from the UK,  Collection Colour brings the Philippines a piece of cosmetic perfection.  Volume Sensation Lipstick contains up to 40% volumizing ingredients to plump up your pout in a flash! It's a moisturizing lipstick with a luxurious creamy feel. 

I only use this once.  I love its color but I don't like the shiny, shimmering effect it gives on my lips.  On its first application, I did not notice the sheen but after several minutes, I can see that there were glittery effect on it.  (Imagine silver dusts.. Hehehe)  And it really made my lips plump, but still I don't like it.  What catches my attention on purchasing this is its packaging.  Again, I love PINK!  Let's not argue on that. Lol!  

But if you ask if I will be buying this product again? MAYBE NOT!  The major no-no for me is the glittery effect it gives on my lips. 

PRODUCT RATING : 2 / 5


PICKED LIPSTICK #2

 
PRODUCT NAME : WET N WILD SILK FINISH LIPSTICK (SUNSET PEACH)
Size : 0.13 oz.
Price : (on sale) Php 99.00
  • Enriched with vitamins A and E, and aloe vera for moist-looking lips
  • Long lasting
  • Silky finish
I love using this on top of a red or dark pink matte lippie.  This gives a silky finish to my lips.  It keeps my lips hydrated because it is enriched with Vitamins A and E, and aloe vera extract, it does not only makes your lips moist-looking, but also nourished.  The downside is that it does not stay long.  You need to re-apply after 2 - 3 hours.  It also has a not-so-appealing smell that reminds me of oil.   Maybe they could also improve its packaging especially its transparent cover.  Once you drop it off, it has a big possibility that it will be cracked or broken.  But of course, I have to consider its price.  Its performance goes a long way considering its value.

Will I buy this product again?  Maybe but not for now.  There could be other lippies out there that would give a better performance.   

PRODUCT RATING : 3 / 5 


Aside from my Zalora finds, I also got a chance to go to Watson's and spotted this IN2IT MOISTURE INTENSE LIPSTICK in PINK ALARM.

PICKED LIPSTICK #3

PRODUCT NAME : IN2IT MOISTURE INTENSE LIPSTICK (PINK ALARM)
Price : 375.00

It has a nice packaging with swirly details on it.   It also has no fancy smell, no taste and is not heavy on the lips, you can feel that it's not there. What I love about this is that it has lasting power that can stay on the lips for more than 6 hours.  I don't need to reapply from time to time even if I have eaten foods.  And the color is so nice it can match on any skin color.   It has a matte-like finish yet it does not dry up my lips.  I noticed that it also has a moisturizing power that leaves my lips moisturized every time I use it.   But anyways, I still apply lip balm before using this one. (Old habit that I could not let go.)

Will I buy this product again?  Yes!  Aside from the fact that I love the color, one major factor that leaves a good impression is that it lasts longer on my lips.  I also love its packaging.

PRODUCT RATING : 4.5 / 5 


COLOR SWATCHES
 
There you go, pretties!

What's your list of favorite lippies? Have you tried these lipsticks?  Share your thoughts on the comment box below.


3 comments:

  1. I went to their site too but I find the product expensive. Ayts.. Sorry. What I was thinking is Luxola pala... Haven't tried Zalora yet. Looking forward to your lip swatches...

    I'm looking for a lip scrub before, but found none. Then after I tried the Burt's Bees Lip shimmer, I guess I don't need a lip scrub anymore. The wet n wild is misleading if it claims to be long lasting. Then I looked at the price no wonder. I would love to have a lipstick that could last for 6 hours.

    ~" Sa Mata ng Isang Probinsiyana "~

    .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Teri!
      This Wet n Wild claims to be long lasting but failed to do so. And you're right, considering it's value, it is understandable. I haven't tried lip scrubbing also for a week since using Burt's Bees lip balm from Sample Room.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete





POST YOUR ADS HERE!