Friday, March 10, 2017

My Dermrolling/Microneedling Story : REVIEW

Hi there, pretties!

Dermrolling or microneedling has been getting good reviews for the past years and even though pain is inevitable while having this procedure on your face or to any particular area, the outcome compensates it so well.

As I've mentioned on my previous post Featured Products from Flawless Beauty & Skin (click the link), I received products for review from Flawless Beauty & Skin and one of them is a dermroller, which I particularly chose (yes, they allowed me to chose products) because few months back, I am considering of buying one (but having second thoughts if I can handle the pain brought by needles).


And so, upon receipt of said products, I already made a mental note to schedule (Saturday, it is!) a dermrolling session at home.  I opt to do it on Saturdays because I need to rest my skin from heavy make-up or other skin care products that is not necessary when only staying at home. (No work during Saturdays and Sundays!) 

Please note, pretties, that you should take extra care of your skin at least two days after dermrolling because it is when your skin is very fragile.  Since you poke holes (literally) on your face, any unwanted stuff can be easily absorbed by your skin and we don't want our face to be irritated or much worse, infected.  

Another thing, know what size of needles you need on a certain area you want improvement.  Here's a basic guide on choosing needles for your dermroller :

Photo Credit : dermarollershop
Anyways, I will be writing a separate post on the do's and dont's of dermrolling and facts you need to know on dermrolling.

For now, I will be sharing to you my own dermrolling/microneedling experience and also do my review on Relumins Titanium DermRoller System.  
Relumins Titanium DermRoller System has 540 titanium needles engineered from pure titanium alloy with the size of 0.75 mm microneedles.  For a more detailed specifications and pictures of the dermroller, see my UNBOXING:Relumins Titanium DermRoller System post. (click the link)
Sorry for the poor lighting.
 A dermroller has hundreds of tiny needles, when used, create "micro-injuries" on the skin which initiate the production of collagen, making the skin younger, fresher and plumper.  Microneedling can also treat acne scars and discoloration.  For me, I am aiming to lessen the appearance of visible pores on my cheeks and nose area (fingers crossed).

HOW-TO GUIDE :
I made sure that my face is thoroughly clean and properly exfoliated by using a facial scrub.   Then, I sterilize the Relumins Titanium Dermroller in a bath of alcohol before use.  I made sure that it is properly sterilized by soaking it for 1 - 2 minutes in an isopropyl alcohol.  The needles may not go deep down into your face, but they go deep enough that you can have skin infections if you did not thoroughly cleanse your face or the tool.

Apply a nutritional cream or lotion to the skin before doing the process, however, this is only optional.  I use one - two drops of Olay Regenerist Miracle Boost Youth Pre-Essence (click the link to read my review of this product) to my face.  In dermrolling, make sure you do the rolling properly.  Position your dermroller on your face and gently roll it back and forth 4 - 5 times in each of four directions.  See the diagram below for reference.

You can use a topical lotion if you could not tolerate the pain while dermrolling.  As for me, I did not use any since the pain is still bearable.  Do not press too hard but apply as much pressure that you can comfortably bear.  It did not tear my skin and there was no blood but it made my skin extra sensitive.

After the procedure, I applied Relumins White TA Stem Cell Intensive Repair Serum (which I will be reviewing soon).
Redness can be noticed all over my face and until the following day.   I noticed that redness totally disappeared 2 days after the session.  As of this writing, I got to perform dermrolling 4th times already.  And by the way, I only do this once every month.  Dermrolling needs preparation and I need to enjoy the moment doing this.  

At present, I noticed visible changes on my skin.  Pores became less visible and its appearance became minimal.  My skin's elasticity has improved and I noticed that it has became smoother.

Note : Do not share your dermroller with other people and always keep the microneedles always clean.  Make sure to return the tool to its container clean and dry.



Continue scrolling to see more of my photos :

1ST SESSION 
September 2016
Photo taken before the 1st dermrolling session.  Sorry for the poor lighting, pretties. 
Taken after the session.  Redness all over my face.

A closer look and see the large, visible pores on my cheek and nose area.  I hate looking at it. 
2ND MONTH
October 2016
2 weeks after the 2nd session
3RD MONTH
December 2016
2 weeks after my 3rd dermrolling session

4TH MONTH
January 2017
2 weeks after my 4th dermrolling session

Although the pores are still there, but I am very much satisfied with the results because it became less visible.  Applying make-up became not much of an effort because my skin became smoother, I need not to layer much foundation or BB cream on my face.  Sometimes, I only put primer, tinted sunscreen and mineral powder since most of my scars lightened.

I stopped dermrolling on February but will start again this March (since I again have zit marks on my cheeks brought by monthly hormonal changes. aaargh).

For more information or inquiries about Relumins Titanium DermRoller System and other Relumins products, check out these sites :

Web : http://www.flawlessbeautyandskin.com
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/Flawlessbeautyandskin
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/flawlessbeautyandskin

You can also order online through their website.

Have you also tried dermrolling?  What's your opinion or experience on this skin treatment procedure?  Share your comments on the box below, I would love to hear from you.

Stay healthy and pretty!






No comments:

Post a Comment





POST YOUR ADS HERE!