Sunday, May 11, 2014

KB Collagen Food Supplement

Collagen is a protein made up of amino acids that is found in the human body.   70% of our skin is composed of collagen.   Collagen is a substance that is naturally produced by the body.   However, the production of this substance diminishes as people grow older. The results of the low production include wrinkles, thinning skin and brittle hair and nails, among others. There are a number of collagen supplements available in the market that can restore the amount of collagen in the body. 

HOW THE COLLAGEN WORKS?
It provides a supportive structure for various body tissues such as muscles, bones and ligaments and prevents them from falling apart. It works with another compound called Elastin to provide strength and firmness to the tissues. Collagen also works to keep the skin looking firm, tight, flexible and youthful looking. Young people naturally produce more collagen than older people. With age, the collagen in the body breaks down leading to wrinkles and folds around the mouth. As such, collagen stimulation leads to a more youthful looking skin. The substance has been used for a long time in combating signs of aging. 
(Credits : http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-collagen.html)
My 3 sets of KB Collagen from Lazada..

After so many weeks and months of thinking and re-thinking, I decided to jump into the bandwagon.   I did not mean to use this product for too long, but I opted to take this for the purpose of restoring damaged body tissues.   I bought this through Lazada since I find it more convenient to just order online and TADA!, the item I purchased will be delivered right in front of my doorstep (or rather in front of my working desk inside the office).
Okay, so here it is.  I bought 3 boxes of the KB Collagen because Lazada has a promo of 3 sets for only PhP1, 237.00.   For its original price, one bottle of this costs PhP750.00.   I will give to you my review after a month of taking this.  For now, I will be sharing to you the background of this product.



The KB Collagen promise : TOTAL REVITALIZATION!


The ingredients of this supplement is clearly stated in its box.  However, if you decide to give collagen supplements a try, you should also boost your vitamin C intake, as vitamin C helps the body produce collagen.

Actual size of the tablet.  The tablet is odorless.

As per instructions, suggested use is 1 - 3 tablets per day.  I decided to take 2 tablets a day for 2 weeks and maybe later on I could lessen it to one.   I take this first thing in the morning with an empty stomach.   REMINDER : Do not eat or drink anything except water for an hour afterward.   If you decide to drink the supplement before bedtime, stop eating at least 3 hours before going to sleep to allow your body to go through the natural digestion process.   You can drink water, though, if you want.   Right before going to sleep at night, take 1 - 3 tablets with a glass of water and proceed to sleep.

For almost a week of taking this, I have no feeling of nausea, vomiting or skin breakouts.   

I will be posting more of my reviews with this product after a month of using it.  

How about you, do you have any experience on taking collagen food supplements or using any collagen products?   Share it to us, we would love to hear it.






No comments:

Post a Comment





POST YOUR ADS HERE!