Friday, May 23, 2014

St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Hi again, pretties!

I stumbled on St. Ives website while searching for a moisturizer for my skin.   I tried searching for reviews and decided to buy St. Ives' Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer.   So, I've been using this moisturizer for almost eight months and I think it is high time for me to give my reviews.




THE PROMISE :  This moisturizer, with collagen and elastin proteins, hydrates for visibly softer, smoother skin.  This product will also help in visibly reducing fine lines and wrinkles.


Please note, however, that these collagen-enriched creams do not really work as what they promise.  Why?  Because the molecules they contain are too large to be absorbed through our skin and therefore sit uselessly on the surface of our skin until we next wash.  So why will I buy it?  Simply because I need a new moisturizer and see if it will be good on my skin.  So I bought mine on Watson's!


DIRECTION :  Apply this product on your clean face and neck every morning and evening.

I use mine during the evenings only.   I like its consistency.  It feels light on my face and very easy to apply.   It is easily absorbed by the skin without the sticky feeling.

Right after application, you can feel that sticky finish but in less than 10 minutes, it will improve and will be easily absorbed by your skin.

What's good about this moisturizer is that it is formulated without parabens and phthalates and is noncomedogenic.   Plus, I love its scent.  So, if you have sensitive skin, this one's good for you. (Note : parabens = cosmetics preservatives + breast cancer; phthalates = additives + toxins)   For the past months of using it, I have no skin break-outs and my skin feels softer and smoother.   I used to have dry skin but this moisturizer hydrates my skin. This cost me around PhP300 for the 283 grams and with these great results on my skin, I AM SOOOO LOVIN' IT!!!

Just make sure not to put excess amount of it to your skin because it tends to make your skin oily especially now that the temperature is so high.



What I didn't like on this product is its packaging.  It is so unhygienic (for me lang).  I think pump bottle or container would be so convenient to use.


WITHOUT MOISTURIZER
WITH MOISTURIZER



PROS :                                                       
  • A good buy for just PhP239
  • Can be bought in any department stores, Watsons or any Mercury Drugstore outlets
  • Softer, smoother skin
  • No parabens and phthalates
  • Non-comedogenic
  • No sticky, greasy after-feel
  • Easy to apply
  • Good for sensitive skin
  • No overpowering scent

CONS :                                                       
  • Wish it has sunscreen for its morning use.
  • Its packaging!  I hope they will re-package it to a pump bottle/container

Value for its price : 5/5
Performance : 4.5/5
OVER-ALL RATING : 4.75
Will I buy this moisturizer again?  Absolutely!   This moisturizer will become part of my daily regimen.   Definitely one of my best choice!

WERE YOU ABLE TO USE THIS PRODUCT?  RATE IT AND SHARE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE BELOW.




No comments:

Post a Comment





POST YOUR ADS HERE!