Saturday, May 24, 2014

Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner

Hello, pretties!

I try, as much as possible, to never skip my toner during the morning and evening as part of my skin care rituals.   Toners are meant to be used after cleansing the face with water and choice of facial soap or wash.   Since I have quite a number of visible pores on my face and I heard that this Wonder Pore Freshner really do great wonders on our pores, why not try it myself?   Etude House has several other products on their Wonder Pore line which, by the way, is inspired by the American female superhero, WONDER WOMAN!

Etude House has two sizes of this toner : 500mL and 250mL.   Since I have yet to try this toner if this will work on my face, I chose the smaller one.   I learned that the 500mL has  pump on its container unlike the one I purchased (sad face :-( .   The 250mL costs me PhP478.00 while the bigger one costs PhP798.00.

I like its packaging!  It's seems so pretty girly even it is color blue.   Actually, almost all Etude House's products has very nice packaging.   The bottle's packed in a blue acetate container.






Most of the texts appeared on the back of the bottle are written in (guess what?) KOREAN LANGUAGE.   The tagline is so catchy and cute : "I'M THE WONDER WOMAN FOR YOUR PORES."   Lol!

Okay, it's been two months of using this.  I am using this toner twice a day, during morning before applying creams and powder; and every evening before sleep.  Now, here's my beauty rundown :

THE PROMISE : 7 IN 1 TOTAL PORE SOLUTION  (as stated in its packaging)
  • Deep cleanse pores (It really cleanses my skin and I would assume that includes my skin's pores.)
  • Maintain ph 4.5 +- 1 (A healthy skin's ph must be 4.5 to 5.5.  ph level exceeding these numbers could cause pimple breakouts or acne.  Since using this toner, there were no appearance of pimples on my face.)
  • Control a large amount of the sebum (I have a dry skin tpe so I don't have problems on skin oils.)
  • Minimize appearance of pores (There are still visible pores although it was minimized.   I am just expecting too much, hoping that I would really say goodbye to these visible pores.)
  • Refine the skin tones (Not really.  I still have uneven skin tone on my face.)
  • Keep the elasticity of pores (Yup as it also minimize the appearance of pores.)
  • Moisturize inside and outside of skin (Indeed!)

I have a dry skin type and I was expecting that using this toner would make my skin very dry.   To my happiness, this toner does not only cleanses my skin but also moisturize it even one of its ingredients is alcohol.   No dry skin!!!   I just don't like its scent.   It seems to so overpowering and strong.



Aside from all the Korean texts appearing on the back of the bottle, I only understand that this toner contains anti-pore dex  complex which suppress demodex infestation.  Demodex growing on the skin causes skin itchiness thereby resulting to skin breakouts, acne, enlarged pores.

Although stated in Korean texts, in my own understanding, the picture on its packaging delivered a message that the toner can be used in two ways.  One is through the use of cotton pads or two, directly spritz the toner on the face (correct me if ever I was wrong.)  


PROS :
  • Very nice and interesting packaging.  Although I could not understand some of its texts since it is in Korean, it still looks interesting.
  • It does not sting and is so friendly on the skin.
  • Continuous usage helps control the oil of the skin.
  • Very light consistency.  Water-like...
  • Keeps my skin moisturize.
  • A very good cleanser.   
  • Minimize the appearance of pores. (Although I expected for the complete eradication of my pores.)

CONS :
  • The smell.

Value for its price : 4.5/5
Performance : 4/5
OVER-ALL RATING : 4.25

Will I buy this toner again?  Of course and one of my fave toners in the list.

Have you used this toner?   Rate it and share your own review.   If not, share to us your favorite toner.   We would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment





POST YOUR ADS HERE!