Friday, August 26, 2016

The 5-day Challenge : Face Sheet Mask

Hello, pretties!

When stress hits me, especially when work demands for so many deadlines, the only thing that could relieve me from it is BEAUTY PAMPERING.   Just lately, I indulge myself and enjoyed the luxury of time through FACE SHEET MASK.   They are one of my favorite skin care products because once I had it on my face, I felt relaxed, rejuvenated, pampered and I had a mental feeling that I am in a spa from the comfort of my own home.


Do you really need a FACE SHEET MASK?
Of course!  Just a little musing, to de-stress myself, I stopped by Watsons and hoard a few face sheet masks and decide to do a 5-day challenge with these masks.  (Actually I bought 8 of it.  Sorry, when stress hits me, I don't do the math. Lol!  And when you're faced with numerous masks in the store, you could not decide what to pick.)   I have previously tried using face sheet masks but not on a daily basis since it is also expensive.

To those who haven't tried it yet, a face sheet mask is a cloth or paper cut to fit the shape of our face saturated with skin-loving, nutritive ingredients that's left over the face for 15 - 20 minutes so our skin could absorb and enjoy its good stuff.  Now I know the numerous benefits I can get through face masks, I considered it as part of my "skin care budget".  There are immense benefits from adding face mask into our skin care routine whatever skin type we have.

DAY 1
BEAUTY BUFFET RED GRAPES MOISTURISING FACIAL MASK
23mL essence
Price : 35.00

CLAIMS : 
  •      Has potent antioxidant benefits that can also help restore skin radiance.
  •      Helps in moisturising the skin
  •      Refresh, nourish and smooth skin.



MY THOUGHTS : 
I love its scent, so refreshing and sweet. My skin feels supple after use and I can feel the tightening of skin during and after masking.  The remaining essence on my face is easily absorbed by my skin by gently patting it.   It did brighten my skin a little.  The sheet comes with a plastic that helps not to tear while unfolding it.

THE VERDICT : 3.5 / 5





DAY 2
WATSONS RICE CALLUS CELL VITAMIN B3 FACIAL MASK
23mL essence
Price : 28.00

CLAIMS :
  • Helps whiten the skin and reduce the appearance of pigmentation.
  • Helps eliminate skin dullness.
  • Lighten the skin tone by reducing melanin development.
  • Skin looking healthy, revitalized and refreshed.



MY THOUGHTS : 
The material tears easily so you need to be extra careful while unfolding it.  It has a nice scent.  Although I could not see any difference it made on my skin color, I can see that my skin became plump and hydrated.  My skin feels so refreshed.

THE VERDICT : 3 / 5




  
DAY 3
PRETTY SECRET HONEY BLACK DETOX MASK
25 mg.
Price : 45.00

CLAIMS :

  • Ultra-moisturizing and soothing black detox mask.
  • Nourishes and brightens dull, dry skin.
MY THOUGHTS : 
Among the facial masks I tried, this one's my favorite.  I love the black packaging which immediately caught my attention. The mask perfectly fits my face and the sheet is made of thick paper that does not easily tear.   Although it's a little bit sticky on the face, it is still okay with me.  I massage the remaining essence on my face after removing the mask but it took a longer period for my skin to absorb all the remaining essence.  My skin feels super moisturized and hydrated.  Since I do facial mask at night before sleeping, my skin looks brighter and with a certain glow upon waking up.

THE VERDICT : 4.5 / 5


DAY 4
BEAUTY BUFFET WHITE TEA & GINKGO FACIAL MASK
23 mL. essence
Price : .35.00
CLAIMS :
  • Revitalizes skin with Green Tea.
  • With anti-aging properties on Ginkgo.


MY THOUGHTS : 
Beauty Buffet's masks are sweet-smelling but not strong or overpowering.  I had a hard time unfolding the sheet even though it has a plastic thing that comes with it.  And the sheet is not that thick enough that mine was torn on the side during unfolding it.  The consistency of the essence is not that thick. I noticed my skin's radiance after using it.  Well, maybe because I am already at my 4th day of masking that could really helped in improving my skin's texture and glow.

THE VERDICT : 3.5 / 5



DAY 5
WATSONS CAMELLIA CALLUS CELLVITAMIN F FACIAL MASK
23 mL. essence
Price : 28.00
 CLAIMS :

  • Effectively helps moisturize and nourish the skin.
  • Helps soothe skin.
  • Helps maintain skin's hydration level.



MY THOUGHTS : 
I like the packaging (As you know, I love anything PINK!)  I like the scent, it reminds me of a sweet-smelling flower that made me feel more relaxed.   I can feel a little tightening effect on my skin during masking (maybe because of the bee venom as one of its ingredients.)  And because I am already on my 5th day of the facial mask challenge, I noticed a great difference on my skin.

THE VERDICT : 4 / 5



The 5-day Challenge Beauty Rundown :
Facial masks offer so many benefits to our skin but doing it on a daily basis requires a lot of time + money.  For me, having this treatment for 2-3 times a week is enough to get myself a little pampering plus allowing my skin to enjoy its goodness.

So after 5 days of having a facial mask treatment, I can feel my skin smoother than before and a little firmer, too.  Plus I noticed a big improvement on the appearance of my pores specifically on my nose area.  I can see that my skin is well-hydrated and moisturized but not to the point of becoming oily.   I did not experience any skin breakouts during or after 5 days.

So, this is me the day after the 5th day of this challenge.  I only use Gluta-C with Kojic Plua+ Face Powder (Check my review on this!) on top of Olay Regerenist Pre-essence & Cream (Check also my reviews on these #MiracleDuo!) on my face.  Plus a touch of pinkish color on my lips.


Have you also tried masking?  Do you like the experience?  What's your favorite brand of facial sheet mask?  Share your thoughts on the comment box below, I would love to hear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment





POST YOUR ADS HERE!